Motor Home Extended Warranty
You will find that any motor home that you buy will come with a warranty of some sort. Of course, the warranty will vary depending on whether you buy new or secondhand. New vehicles will attract a longer term warranty than secondhand vehicles, however, at some point the warranty on either vehicle will expire, leaving you exposed to the risks of paying for expensive repairs should something happen to your vehicle after that expiration. And guess what – something normally does happen!! You can, however, protect yourself against this by taking out an extended warranty on your motor home. For many motor home owners, an extended warranty provides peace of mind and with companies offering extended warranties directly to owners via the internet premiums have come down a lot, thus making an extended warranty quite reasonable. You will find that dealer’s extended warranties are much more expensive because the insurance companies must raise their price to cover the commission paid to the dealer. Online companies don’t have this commission to pay and can therefore offer a better price. When buying an extended warranty make sure that you are dealing with a reputable company. The most reputable companies are underwritten by “A” rated insurance companies, rated by Standard & Poor and others. Do not buy a motor home extended warranty from a company that will not disclose the rating of the company that backs the policy. You will find that extended warranties are available on new and used motor homes, however if a vehicle is very old or has very high mileage, you will not be able to take out a motor home extended warranty. The cost to protect yourself from expensive repairs will vary on motor homes so here are a few guidelines to assist you.
1. Generally, you will pay more for diesel engines and then depending on the location of the engine, you will pay more or less. Generally rear engines are more expensive.
2. Most companies will exclude Renault built engines.
3. Some modifications on engines will void warranty, however the cost of coverage will be more if a turbo charger is added.
4. There will be a surcharge added for every year added over the first few years of age of the vehicle. With mileage, the surcharges will start earlier.
5. Any accessories added such as satellite dishes, TV, stereo etc…will incur a surcharge. The best way to find out the cost of a motor home extended warranty is to contact a few companies and get a full run down of all aspects of the policy. In this way you can make an informed decision and then choose the policy that you feel suits you best. You can find more information by clicking on the link in the resource box, or go to: www.motorhomessite.com
Bike Racing Articles
Bike Racing Books